The Delores Royale, a clear wink at the seasonal change from summer to fall, adds weight to its smoky mezcal base by way of apricot liqueur and amontillado sherry—then is brightened by citrus (in the form of mandarin vodka and lime) and topped with sparkling wine, in a refreshing nod to late summer spritzes.
- 1 ounce mezcal, preferably Vida
- 3/4 ounce amontillado sherry, preferably Lustau "Los Arcos"
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce mandarin vodka, preferably Hangar One
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- 1/4 ounce apricot liqueur, preferably Rothman & Winter
- 1 1/2 ounces Cava
Garnish: lime wheel
- Shake and strain into a coupe glass.
- Top with cava and garnish with a lime wheel.