James Bolt’s gin Martini calls for a split base of California’s Junípero Gin and Washington’s Big Gin, plus Dolin dry vermouth, a favorite among bartenders. The drink’s curve-ball accent, however, is four dashes of saline tincture, which gives the cocktail a briny edge.
- 1 1/2 ounces Junípero Gin
- 3/4 ounce Big Gin
- 1/2 ounce Dolin dry vermouth
- 4 dashes saline tincture (1:1, salt:water)
Garnish: expressed lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and express one lemon peel into the mixture.
- Add ice and stir for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe and express another lemon peel over the surface of the drink.