A Negroni made breakfast-ready, the Alla Fiama pulls back the classic’s proportions to be slightly lower proof and adds freshly-squeezed peach juice to mimic the a.m. style of a Bellini. Instead of Campari, bartender Douglas Derrick uses Cappelletti Vino Aperitivo, another historic bitter Italian ingredient made from a wine-base and produced in the Alto Adige region. Sweet vermouth is replaced with Oregon’s Imbue Petal & Thorn vermouth, an amaro-inspired herbal ingredient made from a base of Oregon-grown pinot gris.
Negroni Alla Fiama
Douglas Derrick, Raven & Rose | Portland, OR
- 3/4 ounce gin (preferably Aria dry gin)
- 3/4 ounce Imbue Petal & Thorn vermouth
- 3/4 ounce Cappelletti Vino Aperitivo
- 1 1/2 ounces peach juice, fresh-extracted
Garnish: mint sprig and toasted almond dust (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Double-strain into a wine glass.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and toasted almond dust (optional).