Thad Vogler of Bar Agricole leans on a base of red wine to maintain low ABV in this seasonal punch, to which he adds a double dose of citrus, housemade raspberry syrup and sparkling water.
- 1 750ml bottle full-bodied, dry red wine
- 5 ounces lemon juice
- 5 ounces orange juice
- 5 ounces raspberry gomme syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 10 ounces soda water
- Add red wine to a punch bowl over ice.
- Separately, shake orange juice, lemon juice and raspberry gomme syrup and pour into the punch bowl.
- Top with soda water and stir.
Raspberry Gomme Syrup:
Mix equal parts raspberries and sugar by weight. Macerate for one week in the refrigerator, mixing regularly. Strain through a chinois, boil the resulting liquid and skim the foam from the top. Add 30 percent water and sugar by volume.