Inspired by the book 3-Ingredient Cocktails, Simon & the Whale head bartender Drew Nemetz came up with this liquid essay in simplicity, made of equal-parts bourbon, Spanish brandy and Amaro Meletti, plus orange bitters.
- 1 ounce bourbon, preferably Evan Williams
- 1 ounce Amaro Meletti
- 1 ounce Spanish brandy, preferably Torres 15
- 3 dashes Regans' Orange Bitters No. 6
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over one large ice cube.
- Stir until chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe, and garnish with a cherry.