A mix of two ounces of Cognac, with touches of yellow Chartreuse and Cynar, and two types of bitters, Nicole Lebedevitch’s Ce Soir is simple, potent and elegant—and, according to Robert Simonson, who chose it as one of his top cocktails of 2017, it deserves to be better-known.
- 2 ounces Cognac, preferably Pierre Ferrand 1840
- 3/4 ounce Cynar
- 1/2 ounce yellow Chartreuse
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 dash Regans' Orange Bitters No. 6
Garnish: expressed lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Express the lemon peel and discard.