This tropical, slushy Missionary’s Downfall is a slightly upgraded version of Jelani Johnson’s Mojito Granita. Housemade mint honey syrup, alongside pineapple juice and crème de pêche, add complexity to this icy treat.
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/4 ounces water
- 1 ounce mint honey syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce crème de pêche
- Add all ingredients to an 8- or 16-ounce deli container and stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and freeze overnight.
- After 24 hours, use a fork to scrape and whip the mixture until it reaches a slushy texture.
- Serve in a chilled glass.
Mint Honey Syrup
Muddle 2 full mint sprigs, approximately 12 leaves, per 1 ounce of honey syrup (1:1, honey to water, by volume).
Pass the syrup through a fine strainer before use.