Made from entirely Italian ingredients, the Noce Vecchio (literally “old nut”) is a Futurist play on the Old Hickory, a New Orleans cocktail that mixes sweet and dry vermouth with a healthy helping of bitters. Derived from the Italian Futurist art movement, Futurist mixology follows several tenants, including using Italian ingredients and creating unexpected circumstances within drinking experience. This cocktail remakes an American classic into a very efficient Futurist aperitivo, crostini garnish included.
An American classic made Futurist.
- 1 1/2 ounces barolo chinato (preferably Cocchi)
- 3/4 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 3/4 ounce Cinzano Extra Dry
Garnish: mini crostini skewer
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir quickly.
- Pour over ice into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a cube each of bread, cheese and salami arranged on a cocktail skewer.