In this modern eggnog recipe, Frank Caiafa calls on coffee and coconut liqueur to add complexity and depth to the dessert-like drink.
- 3/4 ounce brandy, preferably Cardenal Mendoza Solera Gran Reserva
- 3/4 ounce port
- 3/4 ounce French roast coffee (chilled)
- 3/4 ounce heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1/4 ounce coconut rum liqueur, preferably Kalani
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 whole egg
Garnish: grated nutmeg
- Combine the egg and simple syrup in a mixing tin and dry shake without ice for 5 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake for 10 seconds.
- Fine strain into a small wineglass or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.