“This is every juicy, spicy, savory dream wrapped up in a festive salt-speckled bow,” writes Natasha David in her book, Drink Lightly. This nonalcoholic drink folds in layers of vegetal, piquant flavor, balanced with agave nectar for texture and weight.
- 2 jalapeño slices
- 1 cilantro sprig
- 3/4 ounce agave nectar
- 3 ounces fresh celery juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 drops salt solution (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: Tajín (to rim), celery spear
- Prepare a double rocks glass by dipping the rim in Tajín.
- At the bottom of a shaker, muddle the jalapeño, cilantro and agave nectar.
- Add the celery juice, lime juice and salt solution. Add ice and shake.
- Fine-strain into the prepared glass over large-format ice.
- Garnish with a celery spear.
Combine 100 grams of filtered water and 30 grams of kosher salt in a bowl and whisk until the salt has dissolved. Keeps, refrigerated, for up to 1 month. Transfer to a dropper bottle when ready to use.