For the revamp of New York’s iconic Four Seasons bar, head of bar operations for Major Food Group, Thomas Waugh, developed this version of the sherry-spiked Martini riff, which is pre-batched, pre-chilled and poured from a crystal decanter.
- 18 ounces Plymouth Gin
- 2 1/4 ounces fino sherry
- 4 1/2 ounces Noilly Prat Ambre Vermouth
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 1/4 ounces spring water
- Combine all ingredients in a 1 liter bottle and place in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Pour into a coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with skewered Tomolives.
For a single serve option, combine the following ingredients in a mixing glass:
2 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
1/4 ounce fino sherry
1/2 ounce Noilly Prat Ambre Vermouth
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
Add ice and stir until chilled and diluted. Then strain into a coupe and garnish with a Tomolive.