On paper, the three building blocks of a classic Negroni—gin, sweet vermouth, Campari—are nowhere to be found, but in their place a myriad of flavors combine for a winterized rendition of the bitter original. Here, a stirred mix of grappa and bitter Cocchi Rosa is bolstered by spicy Becherovka, citrusy China-China and a small measure of Suze.
- 1 1/2 ounces grappa, preferably Nardini Grappa alla Mandorla
- 1 ounce Cocchi Rosa
- 1/2 ounce Bigallet China-China
- 1/4 ounce Becherovka
- 1/4 ounce Suze
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with an orange twist.