A swizzle for the 21st century, Marco Dionysos’s tall, frosty cocktail rejiggers the traditional Caribbean Rum Swizzle with green Chartreuse, a lime-colored, herbal French liqueur. And though a seemingly odd combination of ingredients, Chartreuse’s aromatics pair seamlessly with the spiced falernum and sweet, tropical pineapple. Tangy lime and pile of crushed ice balance the formula and turn it a springy pastel green.
- 1 1/4 ounces green Chartreuse
- 1/2 ounce Velvet Falernum
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
Garnish: lime wheel and pineapple spear
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a pint or Collins glass over ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and a pineapple spear.