Inspired by the Negroni Riposato from Federico Pasian, this take on the aperitivo classic uses a genius coconut-washing technique for a fast track to tropical flavor. Like any freezer cocktail, this recipe can be made with or without dilution in the batch. If diluting, we suggest using coconut water; its salty tones balance out the inherent sweetness of the drink and complement the subtle flavor imparted by the coconut oil-lined bottle.
Servings: 2 to 3
- 2 ounces coconut oil
- 2 1/2 ounces gin
- 2 1/2 ounces sweet vermouth
- 2 1/2 ounces Campari
- 1 1/2 ounces coconut water (optional)
- Prep an ice bath or line a tray with an even layer of crushed ice.
- Heat the coconut oil until liquid, then pour into a 375 milliliter bottle.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients into it. Shake then let sit for a few hours.
- Place the bottle on its side onto the ice or ice bath and spin until the oil inside is solidified, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, pour a few ounces through a fine strainer into a chilled cocktail glass if the drink is pre-diluted, or serve on the rocks if it isn’t.