This winter-friendly Clipper “is heavy on the Angostura element,” notes Holy Ground beverage director Nathan Lithgow. “It gives a bitter spice component, and helps balance out the citrus and absinthe.” Meanwhile, Calvados is the favored brandy for the drink, as it “gives a roundness and generosity of fruit.”
- 2 ounces Calvados
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce grenadine
- ¼ ounce absinthe, preferably La Clandestine
- 5-6 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: Lemon zest, expressed and discarded
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Express the lemon peel and discard.