Ivy Mix, now of Leyenda, notes that this drink is called “perfect” because it’s made with equal parts dry and sweet vermouth. As for the concept of the cocktail? “It’s a marriage of the Red Hook and the Greenpoint,” she explains. “And what connects them? The BQE.”
- 2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Rittenhouse
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/4 ounce green Chartreuse
- barspoon maraschino liqueur
Garnish: Luxardo cherry
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a cherry.