A orange-tinged spin on a classic gin fizz from Pamela Wiznitzer of Seamstress in NYC, created for the spring edition of our House Cocktail Hack column.
High Line Fizz
Pamela Wiznitzer, Seamstress | New York City
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Beefeater
- 1/2 ounce Pierre Ferrand dry curaçao
- 1/2 ounce lemon syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- soda water
Garnish: lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients (except the soda) in a shaker and shake without ice.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously until well chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass without ice and top with soda.
- Zest lemon over the top of the drink to garnish.
To make lemon syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water and the zest of one lemon in small saucepan over low heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Let cool, stir in 1/3 cup lemon juice and fine strain into a jar or bottle. Will last up to a month in the fridge.