The classic mule or buck is composed of a base spirit, citrus and ginger ale. Damon Boelte of Brooklyn’s Prime Meats used this simple formula to build his Glasgow Mule, named for its Scotch foundation. Boelte builds upon this with fresh lemon, the versatile elderflower liqueur St-Germain, spicy Fever Tree ginger beer plus a dash of aromatic Angostura bitters over crushed ice to complete this tart and spicy cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounces Scotch, blended
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 4 ounces ginger beer, Fever Tree
Garnish: lemon wheel and candied ginger
- Build all ingredients in a large mule mug (if you're fancy enough to own one) or a Collins glass.
- Add crushed ice and stir.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and candied ginger.